The AG-UX180 is the "UX-series premium model" with professional functions and specifications for high-end users. This model is equipped with a newly designed compact lens featuring a wide 24mm angle and 20x optical zoom as well as a 1.0-type (effective size) high-sensitivity MOS sensor. Its evolved Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) and intelligent AF function are suitable for professional camera work.
The AG-UX180 supports 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format recording and HD super slow-motion. Two SD memory card slots*1 are provided to enable relay/simultaneous/backup recording for enhanced reliability, and also support UHD/FHD dual codec recording for a more efficient workflow.
The controls of the AG-UX180, such as the manual three rings and user button, as well as interfaces, such as 3G-SDI/HDMI and XLR input, are engineered to meet the needs of professional video recording. Offering the same level of agility and mobility as the conventional HD handheld camcorder, the AG-UX180 provides powerful support for high-image-quality 4K video production.
Newly Developed, Industry’s Widest Angle 24mm*2 and 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- World’s First*3 20x Optical Zoom in a Camcorder with 1.0-type*4 Sensor: The 20x optical zoom lens covers the range from 24 mm at the wideangle end to 480 mm at the telescopic end (35mm film equivalent at 4K 24p).
- 4-Drive Lens System: Simultaneously and independently drives 4 lens groups (group 2, iris, group 3, group 4). The lens size and drive range for each of the 4 groups can be efficiently suppressed to optimize image quality/zoom power and achieve compact body
- Industry's Widest Angle of 24 mm*5: The integrated lens boasts the industry’s widest angle of 24 mm at the wide-angle setting. It enables wide-angle and minimal-distortion shooting without the use of a wide conversion lens and also allows video recording/production in a vehicle or room for example.
- Intelligent Zoom for Maximum 30x Zoom in Super-High Resolution: In FHD shooting modes, the i.Zoom function increases the zooming capability to a maximum of approximately 30x while maintaining high resolution. When the zoom reaches the 20x optical zoom limit it switches seamlessly to i.Zoom.
- Digital Zoom (2x, 5x or 10x): The AG-UX180 is equipped with 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom. Using the 20x optical zoom and i.Zoom together, it gives you supertelephoto magnification equivalent to a 300x zoom without dropping in light intensity.
- LEICA DICOMAR*6 Lens: This lens has passed the stringent quality standards of Leica Camera AG. A multi-coating process minimizes ghosts and flaring, resulting in especially clear images.
1.0-Type (Effective Size) MOS Sensor for High- Precision, High-Speed 4K 60p/50p*7 Recording
- High-Image-Quality, High-Sensitivity 1.0-type*4 4K Sensor: The 1.0-type (effective size) MOS sensor (approx. 9,460,000 pixels in 4K 24p*8, approx. 8,790,000 pixels in UHD/FHD) provides an appropriate depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity. Images can be recorded with a resolution of 4K (4096 x 2160) /24p, UHD (3840 x 2160) /60p/50p or FHD (1920 x 1080) /60p/50p
VFR (2 fps to 60 fps)/Super-Slow Motion (120 fps/100 fps): VFR recording can be set in 10 steps*9 from 2 fps to 60 fps (60Hz) / 9 steps from 2 fps to 50 fps (50Hz). Super-Slow Motion effect can be achieved by highspeed HD recording at 120 fps (59.94 Hz) or 100 fps (50 Hz)
IR (Infrared) Shooting in Dark Places: The IR Cut Filter can be turned ON/OFF (allocated on the User button). When the filter is turned OFF, IR lights (commercially available) can be used for shooting in dark places
- 4K/UHD/FHD/SD Multi-Format Recording: Versatile and easy-to-use MOV (QuickTime), MP4 and AVCHD file formats are supported. The variety of recording modes with selectable image quality, frame rate and bit rate settings respond to a wide range of applications, from cinema production to online distribution
Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer [4K/UHD/FHD] and High-Speed, High-Precision Intelligent AF
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer [4K/UHD/FHD]: Provides powerful correction even in unstable shooting situations, such as low-angle or high-angle shots. The ball OIS system reduces wear on the drive section, and greatly improves correction for small amplitude hand-shake
- 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer [FHD]: In HD shooting modes, by using hand-shake correction that combines the effects of both optical and electronic image stabilization, hand-shake in various directions, including the rotary direction, is detected and corrected
Intelligent Auto Focus Offering High Speed, Excellent Tracking Performance and Stability: Focus status judgment algorithm achieves accurate and quick transition to search operation. High-precision, highspeed Micro Drive Focus unit accurately tracks the subject even when a quick change in focal distance occurs. AF system accurately judges changes in the subject by actively using minute wobbling motions in the high-resolution 4K image
Custom AF Function for Adjustment of AF Speed, Tracking Sensitivity and Area Settings: Enables the AF to operate exactly as intended by the user in accordance with the subject type or application.
UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording, Double SD Memory Card Slots
- UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording: Records images simultaneously into two different formats, Main and Sub. (8 Mbps) sub-recording files can be transmitted via mobile networks so editing work can be performed before the delivery of the main recording files, thus improving the workflow efficiency
- Unlimited Relay Recording: By using double SD memory card slots, automatically records continuously from Slot 1 to Slot 2. By changing the SD card, images can be recorded continuously for many hours*10
Camera Image Adjustment Functions, Including Details and Gamma Modes
- 16-Axis Independent Color Correction Function: Provides an independent effect to each of the 16 phases of video images. It enables color matching of multiple cameras under the same lighting conditions as well as creative image rendering.
- Skin Detail: Makes skin colors appear soft and beautiful. Especially effective when recording the person up close.
- 8-Mode Gamma: The AG-UX180 is equipped with eight selectable gamma modes, including two Cine-Like Gammas, drawing on technologies developed for the VariCam
- Scene Files: Six files preset with picture quality settings are provided as Scene Files (Standard, Shooting under fluorescent lights, Spark, Still like, Cine-like contrast, and Cine-like dynamic range). You can change any of the settings as desired and store one set as a Custom File in the AG-UX180, and up to eight sets on an SD memory card
Functions and Designs to Support Professional Camera Work
- Sliding 3.5-type Touch-panel LCD and High-Resolution OLED EVF
- HDMI OUT*11: Outputs images up to 4K 24p, UHD 60p and UHD 50p*12
- VIDEO/AUDIO OUT: Outputs analogue signals for video and audio monitoring
- 16-Bit PCM for High-Sound-Quality*13: Equipped with two channels of XLR audio input (with switchable 48 V phantom power supply, MIC and LINE) and manual audio volume
- iPad Remote Control: The AG ROP app for iPad*14 is available free of charge from the Apple App Store. It enables wireless remote control of the AG-UX180, with installation of a wireless module (optional AJ-WM50/AJ-WM30). In addition to a multitude of control functions, such as camera settings, picture quality adjustment, REC start/stop and menu setting, the AG ROP app allows control of the AG-UX180's internal lens for remote operation of the i.Zoom, zoom and focus. It also displays a thumbnail view and preview*15 so recorded clips can be checked on an iPad.