Nikon G to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
Always Enhance and Never Degrade the Performance of the Attached Master Lens
Like the ULTRA series for Sony E-mount, the new Speed Booster ULTRA m43 uses an advanced 5-element 4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass. However, the new design is specifically optimized for the Micro Four Thirds sensor and filter stack, and as a result achieves an astonishing level of performance that sets a new standard for focal reducers.
Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster® announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster ULTRA m43 has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless Micro Four Thirds mount cameras from 2.0x to 1.4x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is almost perfectly corrected for use with all fullframe SLR lenses regardless of aperture. The Speed Booster ULTRA m43 will also work extremely well with many DX and APS-C format lenses provided the image circle of the lens is large enough. Optical performance of the new Speed Boosters is so good that the MTF of any lens attached to it will be improved. Even the latest generation of ultra-high performance SLR lenses such as the Zeiss Otus series can be improved by adding a Speed Booster ULTRA m43.
- Industry's best aperture ring covers a 8-stop range, clearly indicating actual number of f-stops. No more guesswork! (Patent pending).
- Compatible to both Nikkor G lens & F lens (include non-AI & AI lens mounts).
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Patented 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tanatalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
Remark: This mount is manual aperture control. It does NOT support electronic aperture control.
List of incompatible lenses
Nikkor 2.1cm f4
Disclaimer: Matabones is NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Micro Four Thirds or Nikon
|Net weight (kg)||0.200|